In the wake of the impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality industry, AAHOA is bringing you a series of webcasts that will keep you informed and help determine next steps for your business. AAHOA is making these webcasts available to the industry, so be sure to share with those in your network, whether they’re an AAHOA Member or not.
Time: 11-11:30 a.m. EDT, Thursday, April 2
Presenters: Andrew Choy, Director of National Hotel Tax Division, O’Connor & Associates, and Abraham Tieh, Director of National Commercial Property Tax, O’Connor & Associates
Hotels across the country are struggling to pay bills and one of the biggest expenditures in a hotel operation is property tax. Unfortunately, the initial 2020 property tax values could be equal or possibly even higher than 2019, not lower! Join to learn more on this and how you may reduce your taxes by applying different appeal approaches.
Time: 3-3:30 p.m. EDT, Friday, April 3
Presenter: Sarah Gulati, Attorney, Gulati Law P.I.
Do you have a 1031 Exchange or were you considering applying for one? COVID-19 has impacted every facet of business, which includes financing. Join us to gain a better understanding of the 1031 Exchange option, if the IRS will extend the deadline, how to apply for an extension, and how this may affect your current contracts.
Time: 3-3:30 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, April 7
Presenters: Sanjiv N. Singh, JD, MD, Principal, SNS PLC, and Sally T. Nguyen, JD, Of Counsel, SNS PLC
Join this engaging case driven seminar where panelists from a leading CA catastrophic loss litigation firm will address emerging questions and make concrete recommendations as to what companies can do now to pursue needed business loss coverage.
Time: 2-2:25 p.m. EDT, Thursday, April 2
Presenters: Supal Vora, AAMS®, CRPC®, Private Wealth Advisor | Chief Executive Officer, Pahal, Vora, and Associates
Join us for a special webinar where we will discuss the recent market volatility, uncertainty from the COVID-19 and how an investor should react. We will also share the latest market developments and investment strategies.
Time: 1:00-1:30 p.m. EDT, Friday, April 3
Presenters: Rick Patel, President, GRP Capital and Chief Credit Officer, GRP Capital Debt Fund; and Krishan R. Patel, Managing Director, GRP Capital and Head Underwriter, GRP Capital Debt Fund
Hear more about the Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and the newly announced Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) via the CARES Act. Attend to learn best practices for submission along with the unique differences between both programs.
Time: 2-2:30 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 8
Presenters: Chip McIntyre, SVP, Strategic Sourcing; Norm Santos, VP, Strategic Sourcing; Donald H. Hecht, VP, Strategic Sourcing; and Karen Holden, VP, Quality Assurance
Join Avendra’s quality assurance and strategic sourcing experts to gain a current assessment of the supply chain impacts on the hospitality industry due to COVID-19 and general safety guidelines to help you manage the procurement challenges facing the industry today.
Time: 3-4 p.m. EDT, Thursday, April 2
Presenter: Craig Carbonniere, Senior Director of Sales, Milestone
A down economy offers a unique chance to address your current marketing operations and determine where improvements can be made. Join our webinar for this joint webinar with CHLA to learn what components you should prioritize—from your technology stack to your hotel website—and how to make the necessary changes. Interactive lists and sheets will be provided to help you get started.
Time: 1-1:30 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, April 7
Presenters: David Eisen, Director of Hotel Intelligence & Customer Solutions, HotStats, and Tanya Venegas, Director of Customer Success, HotStats
COVID-19’s impact on the hotel industry continues to dish out a devastating body blow to operational performance. Asia felt the brunt of it first, followed by the rest of the globe. Gain an understanding from HotStats data on how the coronavirus affected Asia’s profitability performance in February and what those numbers say about what the U.S. is facing now and in the future.
AAHOA COVID-19 Webcasts by Category
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Steady Leadership
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Leading in a Time of Crisis
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: The Importance of Effectively Coaching Employees
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Out of Court Workouts and Bankruptcy Options
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Market Volatility Update
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Addressing Financing Challenges
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: CMBS Loans
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Revenue Strategies for Staying Afloat
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Holding the Line and Protecting Your Revenue
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Price Gouging Laws
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: STR Update – a Listening Session
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: What Asia Profit Data Means for U.S. Hotels
Insurance & Taxes
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Understanding Loss of Income Insurance Coverage
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Leveraging Property Insurance Claims and Covering Expenses
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Property Tax Tips
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Business Loss Insurance Coverage
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Marketing in a Down Economy
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Proven Sales “TIPS” in a Down Market
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Creative Marketing & Messaging Strategies
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Manage & Operate Your Hotel with Minimal Staffing
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Hotel Supply Chain Impacts
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Updates on Supply Chain Impacts
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Spa and Pool Area Compliance and Best Uses
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: Discussion of Force Majeure Clauses
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: The Legal ABCs of the Coronavirus
- Hotel Owners & COVID-19: 1031 Like-Kind Exchange Deadlines
INDUSTRY WEBCASTS AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
- Hospitality Design: State of the Industry
- BLLA: The Boutique Hotel’s Crisis Guide to Insurance
- LODGING On Demand — Episode 2: SBA Loans and COVID-19
- Ecolab and Coronavirus: Practical Guidance to Help Reduce Risk of Infection and Protect Your Operations
- Innovative Business Advisors: COVID-19 Guidance to Small Businesses Webinar
- Lodging Leaders: What’s a Hotelier to Do? AAHOA’s Cecil Staton on the Industry’s ‘Dark Times’
- No Vacancy: AHLA & AAHOA on Latest from Capitol Hill
- COVID-19 Webinar: U.S. & Canada Hotel Weekly Performance Analysis
- AAHOA President & CEO on What We’ll Do Next
- Hospitality Marketing Live Show with AAHOA President & CEO
- Webinar on Travel and Economic Outlook from Tourism Economics, an Oxford Economics Company
- COVID-19: Economic Impact and Lodging Industry Update from CBRE
Questions? Visit www.aahoa.com/advocacy/disaster-preparedness