Housekeeping is a key to guest satisfaction and great reviews. The labor shortage and strong visitor demand have made it especially hard for you to keep up, recruit and train your staff, and promote a good work culture and high morale at your business. Your Florida Inns Board has listened, and we are developing a virtual educational session to focus on this topic.
We are bringing to you a two-part program to focus on trainings for managers and housekeepers.
February 23, 2022 1 P.M.
The program will be presented by Ms. Gisele Canova, Instructor and Internships Coordinator, UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management. Gisele has experience in housekeeping in both small and large properties including Orient Express Hotels, Hilton and Disney properties ranging from vacation villas to deluxe resorts. She also managed a 20-room bed and breakfast in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Audience: B&B Managers and Hotel Managers
We will also discuss recruitment and retention, creating a welcoming and satisfying workplace, including providing feedback and staff recognition.
- Distinguish between management and leadership.
- Develop recruitment and retention strategies (payscale, training bonus, referrals).
- Apply leadership techniques to create a welcoming and satisfying workplace (including recognition, coaching and feedback).
- Develop your team to provide lasting memories for the guest
March 2, 2022, at 1 p.m.
Workflow strategies for cleaning guestrooms to maximize efficiency and minimize cleaning time. We will also discuss best safety and guest services practices.
- Understand the importance of housekeeping, the impact it has on guests, and the intrinsic meaningfulness and satisfaction derived from housekeeping work.
- Recognize housekeeping’s most critical safety areas and apply safety techniques.
- Apply an efficient workflow strategy for cleaning guestrooms
These programs will be recorded so you can reference and share with your staff as needed.
And most importantly, we want to hear from each of you! After the presentations from UCF, we will open the meeting to hear from ALL members on your best practices what is working for you, what new tips can you share on recruiting, retention, or housekeeping efficiency tips.