[Key West, Fla.] The Monroe Chapter of the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association (FRLA Monroe) installed their 2019 board earlier this month after presenting a check to the Florida Keys Community College (FKCC) Foundation for hospitality and culinary student scholarships. FKCC President Dr. Jonathan Gueverra swore in the new board.
FRLA Monroe’s 2019 officers are:
- John Trovato, President; Managing Director of Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina and The Reach
- Bobby Kuchinsky, VP of Restaurants; General Manager of Pat Croce Restaurant Group
- Larry Magor, VP of Lodging; Managing Director of Isla Bella Resort
- Laura Ciampa, VP of Upper/Middle Keys; VP of Human Resources and Training of Ocean Reef Club
- Sheldon Suga, Chairman/Past President; VP and Managing Director of Hawks Cay Resort
- Charles Bauer, Treasurer; Owner of Smokin Tuna and Founder of Key West Songwriters Festival
- Andreea Mihalcea, Secretary; Department Chair of Hospitality and Ecotourism at Florida Keys Community College
The February meeting for the FRLA Monroe Chapter was held at the FKCC Key West campus to underscore the board’s commitment to education. Money for the donation was raised at a fishing tournament hosted by FRLA Monroe last summer in Key West and underscores the association’s commitment to its mission of protecting, educating and promoting Florida’s hospitality industry.
To show their appreciation for FRLA’s support, FKCC culinary students served a feast of Valentine’s Day-themed treats including cakes, tarts, truffles and cookies.
Find more information about FRLA Monroe here or contact Lynne Hernandez at 305-710-3962.