The Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) has launched a new grant program for non-residential users in the district. The Water Incentives Supporting Efficiency (WISE) program can reimburse up to 50 percent of costs associated with water conservation projects and can save businesses up to $20,000. The grant is open to all water users whether they are connected to a well or a municipal water supply. The SWFWMD spans all or part of 16 counties including:
Applications are accepted until all project funds are awarded, and applications are included in the WISE Program Handbook. Customers within the SWFWMD who are interested in the program should schedule a pre-application meeting with District staff Josh Madden (email@example.com) or Jake Cuarta (firstname.lastname@example.org). Projects awarded grant funding should be completed within one year.
Examples of water savings projects that could be eligible for the WISE Program include but are not limited to:
- Toilet, showerhead, and plumbing fixture replacement
- Soil moisture sensors or equivalent technology
- Weather stations for irrigation control
- High efficiency commercial/industrial processing equipment
- Rainwater harvest cisterns
- Irrigation conversions that would change the system from high volume to low volume
- Smart irrigation controllers
- Irrigation evaluations
- Air conditioning condensate capture
- Improved control systems like automatic shut-off and flow meters
View the WISE Program Applicant Handbook here.